PROBLEMS WITH CURRENT DOSING METHODS
- Lack of pet-specific medicines is causing veterinarians to prescribe human medicines
- Oral administration of medicines to pets is challenging, requires supervision and causes stress to pet and their owner
- Medicine integrity cannot be guaranteed
- Medicine is designed exclusively for use in pet
- Quality of care is enhanced and adherence to prescription is easy
- Pet friendly and minimal supervision required
- Eliminates the problem of having to frequently dose your pet
WHAT ARE WE DOING TO HELP THE PET THERAPEUTICS INDUSTRY?
The company has successfully developed Long Acting Injectables for extended and controlled release of medicines across multiple therapeutic areas and several chemical classes. Proof of concept and technical feasibility of the platform has been demonstrated in multiple medications which will allow for applications in several therapeutic categories across multiple species.
Lifescient is repurposing medicines currently in use and reformulating them into an Implant dosage form. Approved therapeutics have a history of use in humans and animals, they are off-patent, cost of development will be lower, and this will result in lower cost of medicine to you.
Sign up to receive updates, news, and more.